Mass Migration

Mass Migration
Collage Painting by Colin Hoisington

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Art literature review

1. The Painted Word
by Tom Wolf

      This book came to my attention as a professor described it as "ground breaking" in its day, around the 70s. I found it to be nothing short of that. A brillant summary of the Modern Art movement, compressed into a 3 hour read. Many of my friends tell me they just dont understand modern, or contemporary, art. I believe this book could be a quick and effective way to break this barrier.



2. Where is creativity? An approach to Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi´s systems model

Defining creativity from my experience is difficult. This read has changed my idea of what it actually means.  I have found inspiration in the idea, presented by the author, that creativity is a cultural and social event.    The quote below is one of my favorites.
"Creativity is the engine that drives cultural evolution"






No comments:

Post a Comment